Welcome!The Working Women's Forum
We are an organization of women in the Western Connecticut area founded in 2005. We meet to grow professionally and personally through education, networking and the sharing of ideas and experiences. We meet the second Wednesday of each month. Our meeting format currently is networking, dinner and cash bar and usually a presentation. The cost to attend is $25 for non-members and $10 for members. You do not need to be currently working to attend meetings or become a member. This is a great organization to belong to if you are self-employed or considering starting your own business.
2015-2016 Meetings and Speakers
- Sept. 9, 2015: Patty Lennon: Crowdfunding: Women Entprepreneurs' Secret Weapon to Business Growth
- Oct. 14, 2015 Joel Nezvesky: Effective Negotiating - Creating A Win/Win Environment
- Nov. 11, 2015: Jon Barb: Do What Works - Selling Skills for Non-Sales People
- Dec. 9, 2014 Holiday Meeting - No Speaker
- Jan. 13, 2016: Dr. Meri Rosco: The Best You
- Feb. 10, 2016: Susan Grundt: Make a Fabulous First Impression
- Mar. 9, 2016: Sandra Long: LinkedIn to Grow Your Business
- Apr. 13, 2016: Diedre Dolan Nesline: Declutter & Organize Your Work Space
- May 11, 2016: End of the Year Meeting - No Speaker
3 Ways to Get Involved
We meet the 2nd Wednesday of each month from Sept thru May. The meeting is held at 'The Villa' restaurant in Sandy Hook. The meetings start at 6pm and end at 8:30pm. Each meeting has networking, a light supper, a member showcase and introductions. We have a presentation at all meetings except December and May. Call 203.426.7022 for more information or to reserve a spot.
Please help us support the women who are members by searching for product and services from within our directory!
Our Next Meeting
Our Next Meeting is
Wed., Nov. 11 2015
Meeting Summary: Sales Trainer Jon Barb will be presenting "Selling Skills for Non-Sales Peoplet"
Find Out about becoming a member
Only $60 a year
Membership has lots of benefits to help you grow your business.
Look here first
for products and services
Looking for a product or service? Consider using a member first!
Join Our LinkedIn Group
Like us on Facebook